2009年2月4日

Letter fm our friend ~ Evert Jansen


My dear friends.
It was a wile silence around my person, which came that I have been on Holidays to Europe In the mean time I been back on board my vessel and trading on the moment on a route between Singapore and India. An new line, for my crew and me. The last time I been in India it was 1975 or 1976 I can’t remember exactly.
I start my Holidays on the 20 of November last year from Singapore. From Singapore I was flying back to Kaohsiung. Spent around 13 days in Kaohsiung I really enjoy it. It was my great pleasure to give you some help on a Sunday when you were building your crib outside in the children garden, we were not able to finish it off that Sunday even than It looks by the end of the day already nice.MR. Joseph Wu took some pictures of it, and shows them in the church Blog, He wrote a word of thanks to me. That was really not necessary I work that Sunday with great pleasure and be glad that I was able to do something for our community.
If some people start thinking but we have seen Evert recently in Kaohsiung than nothing wrong with your memory. I came back from the Netherlands on 24th of January to celebrate the Chinese New Year (Lunar) with my friends and her family. I must be honest it was very nice I really enjoy your celebration. In Taiwan celebrating New Year is totally different from us European. I can’t explain it in proper words. You have to believe me.
MR. Joseph Wu, many thanks for your kind words.
When I was at home I visit your website and saw that the crib was ready and the sculptures be placed inside.
MR. Joseph Wu, many thanks for your kind words. Your article was very nice and I hope that this year you will do it again. It is so warm and it gives you the atmosphere of Christmas time.
At home we were preparing also our Christmas decorations with Christmas tree and also a little crib not outside but inside my home.
Outside it will be not last long it will be taken away. Even at our churches in Holland they has to put it inside the church otherwise it will be stolen in the night or just destroyed it. The mentality from the people in The Netherlands going down when I were a small boy I remember that the crib was outside the church with very large sculptures.
We celebrating Christmas very quire just with the family and a good friend of us. We went also to the church really nice. I like to thanks my friend for all her kindness. She will read this as well. (Loes dank je wel.) This is Dutch and means thank You.
The weather in The Netherland was cold at day time we had temperatures in day time just above zero and in the night below. Since twenty years we were able to skating outside on to the canal and ditches. Also we had the possibility’s to go skating in the ice halls who were specially build for our Christmas holidays. I went there as well with my friend; she never stands on skates before. Well she was learning quickly and it was a nice time. Than the day came that my friend had to left she returned to her country and family.

I celebrate with my family the European New year and on 23 I return to Kaohsiung. I had a nice time in Kaohsiung only I feel said hat I have to leave on 28th of January. On 29th I join my vessel and on 30th early morning we left the port of Singapore with distention Calcutta India. We will arrive there 04.February morning at the pilot station. What will be happened I don’t know, until this moment we don’t received any information about pilot boarding time and berthing time. Anyway I will keep you informed about my live on board and if everything goes well you will see me back in Kaohsiung.
On the end I like to thanks the Father for his nice LUNAR gift I’m very pleased with it. And will give it a special place like the one I received last year I carry it always with me. And when people ask me what you have their? I tell them very proud this is a gift from the Father from the church in Kaohsiung.
Many thanks for it Father.
May GOD BLESS YOUR ALL.
KIND regards Evert Jansen.

1 則留言:

C.-C. Wu 提到...

Dear Captin Jansen,

Thank you for posting an article on BLOG, through which we were able to understand your hometown a little bit more. Thank you for helping installing the center post of the crib that helps lay a good foundation for the crib so that we can continue the construction.

We have taken the crib apart two weeks ago for storage. We will have the crib re-installed this year. We are looking forward to having you around not just for the construction. You are always welcome to God's church.

May God bless you all.

Sincerely,
Joseph Wu